2023 Call for Applications: The AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science
Deadline: June 16, 2023.
African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) is announcing the Call for The AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science. This Call targets young women in science under 35 years of age and is open to all countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
The inaugural Cohort of the AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science, piloted in 2021, comprised 24 women from 10 African countries. They are excited to invite applications for a second Cohort of young women in science who will participate in an enhanced customised leadership program.
- The program is available to high-potential female applicants below the age of 35 years working in science, and with at least five years full-time sector experience
- Education qualification: Applicants must have a minimum of a B.Sc. degree from a recognized university
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment to growth, clearly articulate their career goals and demonstrate their ability to take on leadership responsibility
- Only applicants from sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply
- Language: The language of instruction and delivery is English, and participants must have a working knowledge of the English language. Language support is not available for this program
- Applicants must submit their application not later than June 16, 2023 2359hrs EAT
- Applications must be submitted only through the online link provided on our website
- Successful participants will be notified by July 2023
- The six-month virtual collaborative leadership program is uniquely designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence to lead and innovate. Participants will attend immersive training sessions on various topics, including leadership and management, communication and gender-responsive research. The program is further designed to foster peer learning through group coaching, enabling participants to leverage peers’ wisdom and experience to respond to leadership challenges better.
- The Leadership Program will also expose participants to innovative tools for developing career roadmaps and navigating complex environments, expanding their networks while prioritizing their participation in various learning forums offered by AWARD and its partners.