2023 apply to join Climate Tracker’s COP28 Asia Squad
Deadline: August 4, 2023.
Are you passionate about climate reporting and eager to engage Asian perspectives on climate action? Would you like to produce stories from the forefront of global climate negotiations?
This is a fully-funded fellowship for climate journalists to cover critical issues for your country and region throughout the global summit, in-person or virtually, from November 30, 2023 – December 12, 2023.
An ideal fellow will –
- Have at least 3 years of journalistic experience
- Have demonstrated history in climate coverage (portfolio or at least 3 stories about climate)
- Be a resident of an Asian country
- Have an idea about the news outlets you intend to publish future COP stories with
This opportunity is an incredible doorway to major climate discussion tables and we encourage you to use this chance to take your reportage to the global level! Climate Tracker Asia is here to support you every step of the way.
- In-person fellowship: Two fellows will attend the COP28 conference and report on-site from Dubai. We’ll be covering the full cost of your travel, accommodation and stipend. You get to engage first-hand with climate advocates, fellow journalists and stakeholders from across the world!
- Virtual fellowship: Two fellows will be part of our global online reporting team and cover the conference real-time, while working remotely from your location. We’ll be supporting you with a stipend and in getting access to events and interviews for your reportage. You get to tell your COP stories in collaboration and guidance by a diverse group of climate journalists!
- Media training: As a Climate Tracker fellow, you’ll receive exclusive training and individual mentorship from seasoned journalists, experts as well as support from past fellows and their experience. Learn from the best as they guide you through the intricacies of climate negotiations, sharpen your reporting skills, and provide insights into effective communication strategies.
- Global networking: You get to connect and collaborate with journalists, researchers, policy influencers and activists from around the world – adding to a comprehensive global reporting experience like no other! Build lasting relationships, exchange ideas, and broaden your professional network to enhance future collaborations and career prospects.
- Amplify your impact: You’ll have a global platform to shed light on the pressing climate challenges faced by Asia. Climate Tracker will support your stories in reaching out to a wide audience, help create awareness, inspire action, and push for meaningful change.
To apply for this extraordinary opportunity, you need to publish a compelling story on the Health Impacts of Fossil Fuels.
- They are looking for stories that shine a unique perspective on the health consequences of climate change in Asia – from interviews with communities and changemakers, reported pieces on the adverse effects of exposure to pollutants and emissions, exploring the barriers to environmental justice to highlighting investments in sustainable energy alternatives or the lack thereof.
- You have a month to dive into this critical topic and showcase your journalistic skills, shedding light on the urgent need for action.
- They are open to all kinds of multimedia stories – print, TV, web, social media and more! It can be published in regional or national media publications of your choice. If you are publishing in your local language, submit an English version for review.
- Once your story is published, submit your application by filling out this form. Tell tnem about your background in climate journalism, relevant experience, and your vision for COP28 Dubai!