2023 ALX Software Engineering Programme
Deadline: July 3, 2023.
As the tech ecosystem continues to evolve, innovators are required who are able to develop cutting-edge solutions that draw from engineering principles and programming skills. In this landscape, the fast-growing field of software development offers some of the most lucrative and exciting career opportunities, with companies seeking tech professionals who can solve 21st century problems.
In the tech industry, the key to success is to learn agilely, stay up-to-date with disruptive technology, and develop knowledge that will help you advance to the next level. With a world-class curriculum, the ALX Software Engineering programme will prepare you for a successful career in one of the most in-demand fields on the planet.
What you will learn:
- Problem-solve using coding and other forms of technology
- Develop design systems and gather information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces
- Model a system or application to help developers write the code they needed to complete their tasks
- Calculate, recommend, and plan computer specifications, layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications through analysis and recommendation.
- Analyse system capabilities and requirements by storing, retrieving, and manipulating data
- Key professional competencies such as project management, critical thinking, creative problem solving, interview techniques, communication, and collaboration skills
- 12 months, up to 80 hours/week
- Access to a laptop or desktop
- Access to a stable internet connection
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Between 18-34 years of age
- Build your foundations to thrive in the modern world of work
- Engage in a hybrid learning experience with both in-person and online elements to help you succeed
- Gain access to The ROOM Fellowship, their prestigious talent community where you can gain access to world-class events, perks and rewards, and lifelong learning
- Understand multiple programming languages and get front-end and back-end specialisation.