2023 African Union Commission Internship Programme
Deadline: June 30, 2023.
The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership Worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In seeking to attain this objective, the African Union intends to build its capacity to deliver, among others, the implementation of its organizational structure.
In this pursuit, the African Union Commission invites applicants who are citizens of Member States for its Internship Program.
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for effective implementation of African Union programmes, projects and activities in its below Department/Directorates:
- Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
- Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
- Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
- Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
- Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
- Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Operations Support Services
- Management Information Systems Division
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
- Office for Safety and Security Services
- Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
- Medical and Health Services
- Financial Control Uniit
- Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
- Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Ethics, Integrity and Standards
- Office of the Secretary to the Commission
- Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
- Office of Protocol
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
- Information and Communication
- Peace Fund Secretariat
- Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
- Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
- Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
- Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
- Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Application for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of valid passport or national identity card
• Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
• Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.