2022 World Health Organization: Call for Nominations to serve on the WHO Youth Council
Deadline: December 2, 2021.
WHO believe young people’s voices should be at the heart of decisions that impact the lives of people’s health around the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) wants to collaborate with representatives of health and non-health youth organizations on key health and development issues affecting young people to co-create a comprehensive and inclusive WHO Youth Engagement Strategy.
WHO is setting up the Youth Council as a dynamic network for stakeholders to amplify the voices and experiences of young people, and to harness and expand their expertise, energy and ideas to promote public health.
The WHO Youth Council will be governed by the following principles:
● to be inclusive and diverse in membership and structure, ensuring gender balance and adequate representation from different stakeholder groups, geographical regions and income levels;
● to be transparent in all processes, including the operational strategy and activities;
● to ensure all activities align with WHO’s norms and standards; and
● to facilitate coordination among interested parties to advance WHO’s priorities on the contribution of youth to the public health agenda.
For this opportunity, WHO is looking for:
● Global and regional youth organizations representing the following categories:
- intergovernmental organizations
- nongovernmental organizations (including patient organisations)
- academic institutions
- philanthropic foundations
- youth parliamentarians.
● The entity should contribute significantly to the advancement of public health and to the objectives, vision and goal of the WHO Youth Council and demonstrate documented support for WHO’s work and activities on youth.
● The entity should be active, internationally and regionally, working in the field of youth and public health with proven experience and expertise in the subject matter for at least 3 years.
If your organization would like to be involved, please fill out the form and send us your expression of interest.
Please note that the expression of interest should indicate your commitment in meaningful youth engagement as well as indicating specific areas of interest unique to your organization.