2022 World Bank Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
The program now recruits on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP aims to develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. They welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
*Graduate degree requirements:
For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by September 2022 or PhD before September 2023. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree by September 2023. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
**Professional experience requirements:
For World Bank placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
SHORT ESSAY QUESTION
Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.