2022 World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition: Unlocking the Power of Inclusion for Equitable Growth
Deadline: March 4, 2022.
The idea of inclusive growth has emerged as a central theme animating discussions on recovery and growth in the post-COVID world. Globally, the loss in human capital wealth due to gender inequality is estimated at $160.2 trillion. The outcome of COP26 has only highlighted the need for ambitious plan and action.
The 2022 WBG Youth Summit Competition seeks proposals from youth who have innovative and action-oriented solutions and projects to contribute to “Unlocking the Power of Inclusion for Equitable Growth” based on three pillars of development: social, environmental, and economic. The competition rewards the most innovating idea that fosters one of the following:
SOCIAL INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth
(Education, Health, Gender, Social Safety Nets)
– OR –
ENVIRONMENTAL INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth
(Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation, Climate Smart Technologies)
– OR –
ECONOMIC INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth
(Access to Financial Services, Financial Decision-Making, Sustainable Livelihoods & Employment, Private Capital Mobilization)
- The competition is open to individuals or teams not exceeding four (4) people, aged 18 – 35.
- Participants can be students, as well as people in the work force or any other occupation.
- No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary.
- Diverse, gender-balanced team compositions are strongly encouraged.
- Finalists will join the 2022 WBG Youth Summit at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C.
- Travel expenses will be covered including lodging for up to three nights for one representative from each team.
- Other team members will be able to participate through the virtual platform. Given the ongoing developments associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Bank Youth Summit team will adhere to CDC travel guidelines and confirm travel feasibility in advance of the Youth Summit.
Participants shall provide innovative and concrete solutions that showcase the role of the youth in fostering equitable growth through social, environmental and/or economic inclusion.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Proposals can be submitted in English, Arabic, French or Spanish.
All applications must submit both of the following application components:
- Application Form:
- Applicants must submit the application form here.
- Pitch Deck (Download the pitch deck templates here in Arabic, English, French, and Spanish):
- Pitch Deck submissions must be submitted in PDF format and size should be less then 10MB.
- Pitch Deck submissions can be done through the application form.