2022 USAID YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation Youth Advisory Group: Call for Applications
Deadline: March 17, 2022.
YP2LE is a USAID-funded activity focused on building and disseminating evidence on Positive Youth Development. A goal of YP2LE is to give youth program implementers, researchers, and young changemakers the information, tools, and resources they need to develop high-quality, impactful, and sustainable youth programs.
A core component of YP2LE is YouthLead.org, a global hub for young changemakers aged 15-35. The platform helps changemakers maximize their impact through connecting and networking with their peers at home and around the world; providing access to resources and information that can support their work; and offering opportunities to build their skills through learning events and campaigns.
As members of the YAG you commit to the following activities for an 18-month period:
- Become a member of YouthLead.org and be familiar with the platform, its resources and member network.
- Participate (virtually) in the YAG Kick-Off Meeting, anticipated in May 2022.
- Participate in YAG bi-monthly (every two months) meetings starting June 2022.
- Be responsive to outreach and communication from the YP2LE team.
- Be an active and regularly contributing YAG member, ready to offer strategic advice and inputs where requested, and able to work effectively with fellow YAG members.
- Represent YP2LE as a member of the YAG.
An individual serving as a YAG member must meet the following criteria:
- Is aged between 18 and 30 years old as of 1 January 2022.
- Is an active member of a local, regional, or global youth-led or youth-serving group, organization or network that is focused on addressing development challenges.
- Has interest, knowledge of, or demonstrated experience with approaches and strategies for engaging and promoting more inclusive youth participation in decision-making spaces.
- Has a good command of written and spoken English.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoys working collaboratively with others from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Is comfortable working online (in Google, WhatsApp, Zoom or other online working and meeting platforms).
Their ideal candidates are:
- Seeking an opportunity to grow their knowledge and experience with USAID youth programs and policies, including Positive Youth Development.
- Interested in advocating for the inclusive representation of young people in decision making and leadership.
- Motivated, creative, and enjoys problem solving.
- Interested in the topic of mentorship to support young people’s professional pathways.
YP2LE will pay YAG members directly at an hourly rate of US$15.00 for up to 16 hours per calendar month. YAG members must complete a monthly timesheet and invoice, provided with instructions by the YP2LE team.
To apply to join the YP2LE YAG, please use their online form.