2022 US Field Office for Venezuela Youth Ambassadors Program
Deadline: February 25, 2022.
The US Field Office for Venezuela is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2022 Youth Ambassadors Program is open.
The Young Ambassadors program has as its objectives: to develop a group of young adults from all the countries of the Americas, who have a strong sense of civic responsibility, a commitment to their communities, awareness of global issues, and strong interpersonal leadership skills; promote mutual understanding, respect, and collaboration among people in the United States and other countries in the Western Hemisphere; and provide a group of young high school student leaders the opportunity to participate in an experiential learning program, leadership trainings, community civic engagement, mentorship by community, business and NGO leaders, and volunteering.
Profile of the candidates for Young Ambassadors:
- Be between 15 and 18 years old at the time of starting the program.
- Reside and study in Venezuela at the time of applying for the program.
- Have at least one trimester of secondary school studies pending after December 2022.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and community involvement.
- Have the permission of their parents or legal representatives to travel to the United States or participate in a local program.
- Have limited travel to the US and other countries or have not traveled before.
Profile of Mentor candidates:
- Be a Venezuelan citizen and reside in Venezuela.
- Work actively with youth in a high school or community setting.
- Be willing and able to meet periodically with the young participants after the exchange to support and monitor participation projects.
You can apply through the following link: Google form link here:
Important Note: Because this Google Form requests document uploads, it requires the applicant to have a Google account. This is required by Google Forms.