2022 UPG Sustainability Leadership Program
Deadline: December 31, 2021.
Launched in 2019, the UPG Sustainability Leadership program has been training young leaders from all paths of life and world regions to become champions for positive citizen leadership.
In 2021, UPG certified 500+ new UPG Sustainability Leaders from over 100 countries and will provide for 60 of them a FREE, complementary and immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership. UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for young people thanks to the wonderful support of our Partners who believe in positive citizen leadership on sustainability. All the certified UPG Sustainability Leaders have committed to two objectives within the communities that they inhabit:
* Lead personal projects of their own choice that support at least one of the SDGs”
* Deliver training sessions to their local community
• Candidates must be 18-35 years of age by 1 October 2022
• Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box
• Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply
• Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
UPG is looking for young determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
A. Your Profile – this helps us to strive for diversity
B. Your Motivation – we select the most motivated
C. Your Capabilities and
D. The Potential for Impact
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1 week immersive excursion will have the costs of the program covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s home town to the US)