2022 UNLEASH Regional Innovation Lab for Sustainable Development
Deadline: April 22, 2022.
UNLEASH will host a Regional Innovation Lab in Nuuk, Greenland, between the 20th and 27th of August 2022. The Lab will gather 200 young talents (18-35 years) from the Arctic and Nordic countries to develop innovative solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.
With the help of experienced facilitators and experts from across the region, the talents will work in teams to identify tangible user needs, uncover insights and develop new, innovative and visionary solutions that can have a positive impact on their local communities.
- The Regional Innovation Lab is for young people between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- Applicants who are living in – or have a citizenship from – one of the following countries/territories: Canada, Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Åland and USA are eligible.
- They strongly encourage Indigenous youth across the Arctic and Nordic region to apply.
Talents are selected based on four criteria:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving the region’s most pressing sustainability challenges
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts
- Basic Proficiency in English with the ability to understand instructions
- UNLEASH will cover all reasonable and pre-approved flight and transportation costs for participants travelling to Nuuk, Greenland, from destinations in the Nordic and Arctic countries mentioned above.
- If you are a Nordic/Arctic citizen living outside the region, UNLEASH does not cover expenses related to travelling back to the region from your current residence.
- For those travelling to Greenland from another country, UNLEASH is booking flights from Nordic and Artic countries with arrival in Nuuk on August 20 and departure from Nuuk on August 27.
- UNLEASH can provide necessary support to the visa application process and will cover all visa application fees.
- UNLEASH will provide talents with transportation throughout the program, including transportation from the Kangerlussuaq Airport to Nuuk, as well as inside Nuuk and the surrounding area during the week.
- UNLEASH will cover the costs of flight travel, visa, transport, accommodation, food, curriculum, facilitation, and program activities for the entire event.
- UNLEASH will cover all reasonable and pre-approved flight and transportation costs for participants travelling to Nuuk, Greenland, from destinations in the Nordic and Arctic countries as mentioned above.
- A Regional Innovation Lab for Sustainable Development: Participants to the Regional Innovation Lab will be given an opportunity to work concretely with some of the most pressing sustainability challenges facing the Arctic and Nordic region. These will be related to the achievement of Good Health and Well-being (SDG3), Quality Education (SDG4), the loss of biodiversity on land and below water, and tackling the consequences of climate change (SDG13, 14 and 15).
- A mix of innovation and culture: The young talents will be immersed in a weeklong innovation experience where they will receive support and sparring from facilitators and mentors to frame problems and develop early-stage prototype solutions within the chosen themes
- A week focused on human-centered design thinking and networking: The 200 selected talents will be welcomed to Nuuk, Greenland on the 20th of August with a big celebration including speeches from thought-leaders and experts in sustainability and innovation. The Opening Ceremony will introduce the talents to each other and the program for the week.