2022 UNFPA/UN Volunteers Young Innovators Fellowship Programme
Deadline: March 20, 2022.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) are calling for the third cohort of young professionals as part of the Young Innovators Fellowship Programme for 2022. The Young Innovators Fellowship Programme provides young people (aged 18–26) from UNFPA-supported programme countries with the opportunity to engage in a structured eight-month programme to drive innovation, creativity, and capacity development and to deliver concrete results in UNFPA.
The Fellowship Programme provides an opportunity to bring 18 young professionals into UNFPA with a dedicated focus on both providing a youth perspective and driving innovation in UNFPA’s priority areas, including addressing unmet need for family planning, ending preventable maternal deaths, and ending violence against women and girls.
- Applicant should be 18 – 26 years old.
- They need to have completed at least their secondary education and demonstrate strong commitment to UNFPA’s mandate through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities and/or up to three years of work experience.
- The Young Innovators will work at UNFPA Country or Regional Offices in their own countries.
- Applications from young women are especially encouraged.
- The Young Innovators will be engaged as National Youth UN Volunteers for a duration of eight months. At the beginning of the assignment, the Young Innovators will be invited to an online induction training organized by UNFPA.
- At the end of their assignment, they will attend a three-day capstone presentation session at the UNFPA headquarters to share their experiences and achievements and to receive Young Innovators’ certificates.
- The travel arrangements are subject to the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are a young person aged between 18 and 26, with a passion to make a difference in your country, check out the available assignments below: