2022 UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship
Deadline: February 13, 2022.
The evidence is clear. Youth voices are pivotal to elevating climate ambition and driving systemic change. As such, the Climate Champions are committed to integrating these vital actors into the core of our work.
In 2021, the Climate Champions team launched a pilot global Youth Fellowship programme by appointing five young professionals to contribute to a series of strategic non state actor engagements in the build-up to COP26 in Glasgow to help inspire non state action in the Race to Zero and Race to Resilience.
This fellowship — led by the High Level Climate Champions team — will provide a platform for young people to work with the Champions and to contribute to our work on driving ambitious climate action. Fellows will join the High Level Climate Champions Team for a nine month fellowship in the following sectors — energy, finance, food and agriculture, oceans, communications, transport and climate resilience.
The fellowship will include modules on leadership development, engagement with business, NGO and/or policy leaders, mobilisation and outreach in broader networks, opportunity for the fellows to work together as a collective and a personal capstone project.
- Under the age of 30 as on April 1 2022
- Minimum five years of work experience, either in one of the fellowship sectors, climate leadership or organising
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to be flexible (you will be working with teams across different time zones)
- Adequate network relevant to sector-specific or climate related work
- Ability to commit minimum 16 hours a week to the fellowship
- Sufficient English language skills
- Laptop and reliable internet connectivity
- A commitment to the values of the Climate Champions to raise non state actor commitments to the global goals of the Paris Agreement
This is a paid fellowship programme.
Each sector has specific skills requirements; therefore, we highly recommend you to please read the job descriptions below thoroughly before applying.
- Job description for Climate Champions Communications Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Energy Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Finance Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Food & Agriculture Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Oceans Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Resilience Youth Fellow
- Job description for Climate Champions Transport Youth Fellow
Click here to view the application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we would recommend applying early.