2022 UN SDSN Climate Actors Accelerator Programme for Young Nigerians
Deadline: June 3, 2022.
CLIMATE ACTORS ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME is specifically designed for young innovators and change-makers between the ages of 18 and 35, who are passionate about proffering solutions to the global climate crisis, thus creating a liveable environment toward a net-zero future. The major features of this event include seminars, training, environmental campaigns and clean-up, tree-planting activities, and the innovation process.
The goal of this programme is to develop a network of young talents that would pioneer transformative solutions to restore and protect our planet and ecosystem. They believe these solutions would address the critical issues of climate change mitigation and adaptation, promotion of our natural and cultural heritage, biodiversity conservation, waste and pollution, and responsible production and consumption, to make our environment and human settlements inclusive, resilient and sustainable.
To participate in CAAP 2022, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
- Applicant must be Nigerian between the ages of 18 – 35 years.
- Ability to commit at least 4 hours per week throughout the programme.
- Availability to partake in both virtual and physical training.
- Have a new idea of a solution or a validated, working prototype that addresses climate and environmental issues.
- Applicants must be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDG 2030 and the Paris Agreement.
- Access to international trainings and workshops
- Access to funding opportunities.
- One on One mentorship
- Career Development
- Ecological tours and trips