2022 TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists from Developing Countries
Deadline: August 31, 2022.
The TWAS-COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) Fellowship Programme for postgraduate research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries other than Pakistan, who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences. Duration: From a minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan).
- must not be on site in Pakistan.
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country.
- hold an MSc degree (with research) in a field of natural sciences.
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences.
- be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year of application.
a) be willing to register at CUI, Pakistan.
b) have 18 years of education up to MS/MPhil degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0; not hold 3rd division (i.e. less than 50% marks) throughout the academic cycle; have passed departmental test within the first semester of studies, or have a valid GAT (subject) /GRE (subject) score as specified on the CUI website at: http://international.admissions.comsats.edu.pk/
– must apply online for admission at CUI through the CUI portal at http://international.admissions.comsats.edu.pk/. In applying online, candidates must select the option “CUI-TWAS fellowship” and must also submit the scanned copy of all academic certificates (transcripts and degrees). If accepted, candidates will be issued an Acceptance Letter from CUI.
c) For any inquiry, please contact Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by email at [email protected]
a) be registered PhD students in a developing country, and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see smple that can be downloaded below or included in the online application form).
b) provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the online application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) (by email [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet (available below for download) and scanned copy of their valid passport (just page with picture and biodata). For any queries, please contact [email protected]k (NB: Requests will not be accepted at any other email address) (Attention of: Mr. Kashif Masood, CUI Deputy Registrar).
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance.