2022 Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme for African Entrepreneurs
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
Established in 2010, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is an African private-sector-led philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent. The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
7 PILLARS OF THE PROGRAMME
- 12 week business management training
- Knowledge Resources on TEFConnect.net
- Annual TEF Entrepreneurship Forum
- Seed Capital Funding
- TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Alumni Network
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or a business that has been operational for no more than 5 years.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 5 years old
- Your application must focus on ONE business only.
The initial seed capital funding is fixed at $5,000
The program stages are as follows
- Application Phase
- Training & Mentorship Phase
- Business Plan Submission Phase
- Pitching Phase
- Seed Capital Phase