2022 Tech4Impact Women Innovators in Technology Pitch Competition
Deadline: May 2, 2021.
Technology for Impact, an initiative of the Children’s Investment Fund Foundations invites women-led or women-impact tech innovators based in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Nigeria to apply for their upcomingWIITPitch Competition which will take place in June 2022.
They welcome women innovators runningstart-ups to submit their digital and technology solutions and innovative ideas for the following themes:
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Maternal & Child Health: Tech and digital innovations that support Sexual Reproductive Health, Menstrual Health, and Maternal & Child Health (including product distribution)
- Social Issues And Talent – Gender Gap In Technology: Tech and digital innovations that address issues around the Gender Gap in Technology and the empowerment of Girls in Tech
- Climate-action and Resilient Livelihoods: Tech and digital innovations that are focused on climate change and on empowering girls and women to enable climate action and resilient livelihoods
- Women-led or women-impact techstart-ups with at least one woman Co-Founder.
- Companies registered in Kenya, Ethiopia, or Nigeria.
- The innovation proposed should be at least at the stage of a minimum viable product, and should
address one or more challenges within the themes presented above.
- They prioritize and encourage applications from young women entrepreneurs that fit the concepts of ‘For Africa By Africa’ and ‘For Women By Women ’.
- The Top 3 Winners of the Pitch Competition Event will receive the CIFF Tech4Impact award.
- The ideas proposed will benefit from further business development assistance from CIFF and their partners (including potential investment funds) to help scale up their businesses and address these issues at scale. Details on this and more will be shared with those selected to participate at the event.