2022 Swedish Institute Leader Lab for Young Civil Society Leaders
Deadline: February 2, 2022.
Are you a pioneer in your community? Are you working for Sustainable Development Goal 16? SI Leader Lab is an online leadership programme for young civil society leaders in Eastern Europe, South Asia or the MENA region who are open for innovative tools and new forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
SI Leader Lab brings together young influential civil society leaders who are working for the Sustainable Development Goals. The participants are the fast runners, the innovative minds and pioneers in their communities, open for new digital solutions and innovative methods. The network consists of peers from cross sectors in civil society and will give the participants a broad input from different spheres. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for the Sustainable Development Goals.
There will be two programmes with participants from three regions:
- 60 participants from South Asia, Middle East and North Afrika
- 30 participants from Eastern Europe
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for the Sustainable Development Goal 16, within the 2030 Agenda.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1989–2000).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine, Yemen
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
Training and content will be covered by Swedish Institute.
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. To apply for SI Leader Lab, please go to the application portal: Apply online! – Swedish Institute: Leadership application portal (si.se)
These are the steps you need to go through to submit your application
- Register your profile in the application portal
- Select what programme you would like to apply for:* Link to SI Leader Lab MENA/South Asia:
SI Leader Lab MENA/ South Asia 2022 – Swedish Institute: Leadership application portal* Link to SI Leader Lab Eastern Europe:
SI Leader Lab Eastern Europe 2022 – Swedish Institute: Leadership application portal
- Answer all the questions in the different sections in the application portal (sections in the left hand menu).
- Upload your CV under the document section.
- When you have submitted your application you will get a confirmation email.
- You will also get an email with a link to record a short video. Follow the instructions in the email. You will have to record the video within 24 hours after receiving the link. It will take less than ten minutes to record the video. You will get two questions to answer within two minutes each. We ask you to make the recording in a quiet setting and if possible use headphones with a built-in microphone. Please note that it is mandatory to make the video recording.