2022 Scripps Howard Foundation Fellowship Program
Deadline: December 19, 2021.
The Scripps Howard Foundation offers a 12-month fellowship program in conjunction with the Scripps Washington Bureau/Newsy and the Texas Tribune. Starting in June, fellows will work at either Scripps News Washington Bureau/Newsy or the Texas Tribune, focusing on developing expertise in one specialty, while being exposed to all the components of the newsroom. The fellows will come together on three occasions for sessions on career management, leadership/collaboration and the business of journalism/entrepreneurship.
The Fellowship has four tracks:
- Investigative Reporting for Video (At Scripps/Newsy)
- Data Reporting (At Scripps/Newsy)
- Multimedia Reporter (At The Texas Tribune)
- Data Visuals (At The Texas Tribune)
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree by June 1, 2022
- No more than 5 years of professional experience in journalism
- Able to work from June 1, 2022 through May 26, 2023
- An online portfolio
- A passion for journalism and a desire to build your leadership skills
The fellowship runs for one year beginning in June, 2022. It pays $50,000 and includes full benefits.
References will be required ONLY if you are selected as a finalist. If your references prefer to send a letter of recommendation to us directly, have them email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have them include your name in the email subject line.
Note: Foreign applicants are welcome for this opportunity; however, you must be able to secure the proper credentials to work in the United States. The Scripps Howard Foundation will not be able to provide any assistance with this process.