2022 PlasticWize Fellowship for Young Female Nigeria Students
Deadline: August 7, 2022.
Are you a young woman/girl interested in leading and sparking transformative Change on your Campus for the Environment?
Would you like to become a PlasticWize Fellow and gain access to unique opportunities?
The Plastic Wize Fellowship is a campaign focused on empowering young female undergraduates (aged 16-25) to become key sustainability leaders who will lead a transformative behavioral change campaign across tertiary institutions in Nigeria to tackle marine plastic pollution.
This campaign is powered by U-recycle Initiative Africa with the immense support of The Government of Canada and Challenge Works through the Afri-Plastics Challenge.
From intensive training to ground breaking impact, In the first phase we will coach 30 young women to become our PlasticWize Fellows empowering them to create transformative, comprehensive and creative strategies to mitigate marine plastic pollution engaging at least 30,000 students in major universities across Nigeria.
To be eligible, you should:
- Be a female undergraduate (students in polytechnics and state universities are strongly encouraged to apply).
- Be passionate about the environment and have a basic understanding of plastic pollution.
- Be willing to dedicate a total of 8 hours spread across a 4-day comprehensive Bootcamp.
- Must be available to implement environmental projects (fully funded by us) at your university.
- Have access to a laptop & internet connection.
- Be an innovative individual ready to inspire and mobilize your peers to tackle plastic pollution.
- Be willing to commit 8-10 hours per month for project implementation during selected weeks at the latter part of the fellowship.
- Have Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Comprehensive training and Impactful sessions from exceptional Global Experts.
- Gain lifelong and life-changing leadership skills and access mentorship from seasoned professionals; a valuable opportunity for emerging environmentalists and sustainability leaders.
- Access to global and local opportunities and networks that can advance your personal development.
- Earn Resume-worthy experience and global recognition.
- Gain first-hand experience in developing creative and innovative youth-focused environmental projects.
- During the fellowship win exciting incentives including swag items, goodies and gadgets. At the end of the fellowship in January, Stand a Chance to Win a paid vacation trip to a Tourist Resort in Nigeria (T&C Apply)