2022 Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards for African Journalists
Deadline: January 31, 2022.
The awards recognize the outstanding work of journalists who report on developments within the insurance sector across Africa. Successful candidates must demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of developments in the (re)insurance sector.
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists on re/insurance from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
The categories in the 2021 awards are:
- Best Re/Insurance Print Article (English)
- Best Re/Insurance Broadcast Article (English)
- Best Re/Insurance Online Article (English)
- Best Re/Insurance French Entry (Print, Broadcast or Online)
- Submission can be either a published article or (print or online),a broadcasted radio/television clip in English or French.
- The review period is the 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date.
- Entrants have to be based in an African country.
- Award recipients are recognized at the Awards Ceremony to be held alongside an industry event and will receive a complimentary invitation to the event (health and government restrictions permitting). The cost of travel and hotel accommodation will be borne by Continental Re.
- The names and photos of the award recipients and the awards that they have won will be published in Continental Re’s literature and online channels to celebrate the achievements of the award winners.
- Recipients may use their award titles for their own professional development.
- Explanatory Brief: A 100-words motivation note explaining the reason for creating the article/clip.
- Personal: Include your name, media organisation, the publishing/broadcasting date, a brief profile and a photo.