2022 Oxford Foundry/FMDQ Private Markets Innovate Nigeria Programme
Deadline: January 31, 2022.
The Oxford Foundry and FMDQ Private Markets Programme – Innovate Nigeria Programme, is a two (2) week intensive accelerator programme designed to support innovation-driven Start-Ups in Nigeria in becoming scalable enterprises that have the potential to create transformative social and economic impact within the Nigerian economy.
The Oxford Foundry (OXFO) and FMDQ Private Markets Limited (FMDQ), Africa’s first vertically integrated financial market infrastructure group, have partnered to accelerate the growth of Nigeria’s start-up ecosystem and nurture a future generation of young Nigerian leaders in entrepreneurship, through knowledge exchange and collaboration.
- This programme is aimed at accelerating Nigeria-based ‘Innovation-Driven Start-ups’ from all sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- The ventures, in addition, are expected to have:
Been registered and operating in Nigeria
Built a team – minimum of two members
Validated the problem
Developed and began testing an MVP (Product-Market fit)
Ambitious vision – tackling a big problem that directly impacts one of the United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goals
Knowledge of their market
Diversity & Inclusion commitment – gender, race/ethnicity, etc.
Willingness and capacity to contribute financial resources towards expansion activities
Present a comprehensive business plan/expansion strategy
Successful applicants will benefit from:
1. A bespoke curriculum focusing on core entrepreneurship and venture building skills
2. 1-to-1 coaching with Oxford Foundry network of resident experts
3. A tailored leadership training curriculum, directed towards building resilient entrepreneurs
4. Introductions to investors
5. Opportunities to pitch to these investors
They expect each venture and its founders to be present and engaged over the entire two-week period of the Programme. This form must be completed by the lead applicant, who is a co-founder or a high-level executive in the business.
Application Opens: December 1, 2021
Application Closes: January 31, 2022
Interviews: February 28 – March 11, 2022
Selection announced: by March 18, 2022
Start-up Bootcamp starts: March 28, 2022
Start-up Bootcamp ends: April 8, 2022