2022 ONE Champions in Nigeria Programme
Deadline: February 12, 2022.
ONE Champions are vibrant, committed group of volunteers who work to support ONE Africa’s advocacy work. The Champions lobby decision makers, support with recruiting and managing members in their clusters, support media advocacy efforts, and mobilize public support for ONE issues.
Recruitment for ONE Champions programme is now open and they’re looking for passionate activists to join them. If you’re a problem-solver who is passionate about driving change and not afraid to speak up for issues in your environment, you’re the one they are looking for!
This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders
approximately between 18-35 years of age who will Champion causes ONE supports at the
grassroots, state, and federal levels in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education,
gender, health, agriculture, and transparency to fight poverty.
ONE Champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country
Director, and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up
with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public
investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
ONE Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities and
will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will
be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, movers, and shakers
- Use social media to raise awareness and create change
- Encouraging the public to take online and in-person campaign actions
- Develop analyses and write-ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts, and supporter-recruitment activities
- Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in their communities and develop content
- Partner with our team to plan events and social media activities
- Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target to maximize publicity
- Assist in the mobilization of supporters in Nigeria
- Raise ONE’s profile in your community
- Open to emerging leaders approximately between 18-35 years of age
- A passion for our mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives.
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the
world working with a highly visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible, supportive
- Training on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
- Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
- Opportunities to engage with policymakers
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
- Exposure and opportunity to represent ONE at both local and international conferences