2022 Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship to Attend One Young World summit in Tokyo
Deadline: September 12, 2021.
At Novartis, they are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis has a rich history spanning over the course of 250 years, developing innovative products to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. Named one of Forbes’s Most Admired Pharmaceutical Companies of 2020, Novartis is a global healthcare company who aims to deliver our therapies to as many people as possible.
Their team’s purpose is to put patients first. As healthcare and technology continue to evolve, they strive to develop breakthrough treatments and find innovative ways to deliver them to populations and patients in need. We work to expand access to medicine, eliminate disease, and make healthcare sustainable in the developing world.
Part of their culture as a company is to unleash the power of our people; we want everyone at Novartis to feel empowered to achieve their goals and influence change. Through this scholarship, Novartis wants to extend our culture of curiosity and ‘unbossed’ mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders outside of our company who have a passion for healthcare and are initiating change to create a better and healthier world.
Their scholarship supports young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help accelerate their leadership journey. This scholarship is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and / or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity
- 10 candidates will recieve:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from 22 – 25 May.
- Hotel accommodation during the summit
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- One Young World will evaluate applications according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health based initiatives
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global health care issues in your work
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
- Skills: collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenges the status quo.
- A longlist of candidates identified by One Young World will advance to second round of selection.