2022 MFWA Next Generation Investigative Journalism Fellowship
Deadline: June 15, 2022.
Are you a young journalist who aspires to specialise in investigations? Do you want to be equipped with the skills to undertake fact-based, in-depth, and enterprise reporting?
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) invites applications for the second edition of the NGIJ fellowship. The NGIJ fellowship affords young journalists the opportunity to learn from experienced facilitators in investigative journalism in West Africa in a five-month intensive programme. It is meant to groom young journalists to pursue quality, critical, and accountability journalism and raise the next generation of critical investigative journalists in West Africa.
- An Applicant should be a young journalist between the ages of 20 to 30 years from Ghana, Sierra Leone, or Liberia who has just completed national service or a student journalist currently in a Journalism or Mass Communication School, whose schedules are flexible enough to allow for full participation in the fellowship in Accra, Ghana.
- For Ghana, journalists who come from the regions outside Accra and those who are in Accra but will be willing to work from their home regions after the training are encouraged to apply.
- For Liberia and Sierra Leone, the applicant must be willing to travel and reside in Accra, Ghana for at least five months, the period for the fellowship.
- Applicants must be available to attend training and assignments from July to November 2022.
- Successful applicants will be taken through the investigative processes of developing a story idea, reporting, and presenting the findings in a complete and coherent manner for maximum impact.
- The fellows will also be given practical field assignments.
Interested journalists should submit a letter of motivation stating why they want to participate in the fellowship, a CV including two referees, and a copy of any national identification not later than Wednesday, June 15, 2022. The documents should be sent to the email: [email protected]