2022 MasterCard Strive Community Innovation Fund
Deadline: December 17, 2021.
The Strive Community Innovation Fund aims to spark new ideas for catalyzing small businesses’ resilience and growth, at scale. We are seeking truly innovative solutions that can be transformative for these small enterprises which are the backbone of our economies.
The fund makes available up to $1m for digital and data first solutions that enable small businesses with fewer than 10 employees to digitize their operations, better use financial services, or participate more effectively in digital marketplaces.
Proposed projects must:
- Leverage digital and data first solutions
- Have potential for measurable positive impact on small business growth
- Propose implementation outside of the US and Canada
Applicants can be:
- Single organizations or a consortia of multiple organizations
- Non-profits, social enterprises, start-ups, and others
- Companies or multinational corporations (subject to matched funding requirements)
Successful applicants will each receive up to $200,000 to develop and test their innovation over a 12 – 18 month period.
DUE DILIGENCE REQUIREMENT
- Be a registered and operating entity with active users, with a proven track record of legal and ethical operations and good work performance for at least 2 years
- Be fully compliant with business licensing, taxation, employee and other relevant regulations in all countries of operation
- Be compliant with all applicable laws including adhering to fundamental human rights and all international labour standards
- Be able to prove financial health with adequate financial systems to report regularly to Strive Community
- Have adequate internal human resource capability to implement the proposed project and comply with Strive Community’s reporting requirements
- Not be engaged in unethical activities such as arms production or tobacco