2022 Mastercard/Entrepreneur Middle East Women SME leaders Award
Deadline: February 28, 2022.
As a celebration of women business leaders across the Middle East and Africa, Mastercard has partnered with Entrepreneur Middle East to present the first ever Women SME Leaders Awards 2022.
The awards will recognize and further empower women-owned and run SMEs across the region. They will highlight the individuals and enterprises that are shaping the future of this dynamic region and will culminate in a virtual awards ceremony on 29th of March 2022.
Nominations are now open, so we are inviting all women SME leaders across all walks of life (a small enterprise in trading has a turnover of less than AED50 million and employs between 6 to 50 people) – individuals and organizaitons – to take part.
INDUSTRY RELATED AWARD
- THE DESIGNER: This award category is to recognize the woman SME leader in the design industry, spanning design, fashion, architecture and arts. Judges will consider the projects completed in the last 3 years, those in pipeline and other achievements. Initiatives related to sustainability and environment should also be mentioned.
- THE LOGISTICIAN: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader that has made a notable impact within the logistic and transport sector.
- THE F&B LEADER: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in the food and beverage sector who had made a considerable impact in that industry in MEA.This category also includes foodtech food production, cloud kitchens, delivery solutions and aggregator businesses.
- THE RETAILER: This award category is to celebrate a woman SME leader in the retail sector. The winner for this category should show outstanding leadership skills, healthy busines growth and – for those with teams – creating a diversified working environment.
- THE EDUCATOR: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in the education sector.
- THE REAL ESTATE LEADER: This award category if to recognize a women SME leader in the real estate or property development sector in the MEA region. This impact could include development of properties or running a successful real estate business.
- THE HEALTH CUSTODIAN: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in healthcare who has made a positive business impact in the MEA region.
- THE HOTELIER: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in hospitality that has made significant contribution in the hospitality, and the entertainment sector.
- THE TECHIE: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in the technology sector who has made a positive contribution to the industry in MEA – This includes running a tech business, or creating a digital products and solutions.
- THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICE LEADER: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader who has made a positive impact in the professional services sector. This includes finance, insurance, banking, law, management consultancy and other relevant fields.
- THE INVESTOR: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in the field of investment and venture capital who has a successful track record of profitable investments either in commodities, stock, securities or is leading a venture capitalist firm.
- THE FASHION & BEAUTY LEADER: This award category is to recognize and highlight a woman SME leader in the fashion and beauty sector.
- THE MEDIA LEADER: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader in the media industry.
PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- THE EXECUTIVE: This award category is to recognize a woman SME leader who has launched a successful business within the past 12 months in any sector. The solution that this entrepreneur offers should have a positive impact on society as well as having a financial health. The winner for this category should have the following superior characteristics (but not limited to):
- Creativity in the solution created
- Either has a large number of users within their target market or a significant potential for growth
- Have created a scalable business
- Either has raised significant funding or has a high potential being funded
2. THE SPORT LEADER: This award category is to honor a woman SME leader in the sports industry.
3. THE ARTIST: This award category is to honor a woman SME leader in arts and culture who has made a significant positive impact on the arts and culture scene within the region.
4. THE LEADER OF TOMORROW: This award category is to recognize woman SME leader below the age of 30 who through her talents has achieved significant milestones whether in her career, in the society and the people around her.
5. THE HUMANITARIAN: This award is to honor a woman SME leader who has made a substantial positive impact on society through charitarian work, help needy people, creating job opportunities, or providing a framework for a better education and healthcare.
6. THE VISIONARY: This award category is to recognize a woman visionary –either from the private or public sector– that has led initiatives which has significantly impacted the women-run and owned SME ecosystem in the region. This individual has seen potential in the market and has met the needs before others. This could include creating new solutions, leading an organization that has benefited the players in the SME sector, or has created policies and procedures that has boosted the growth of the SME sector.
7. THE CHANGE MAKER: This award will go to a woman that has made an outstanding contribution to creating an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for women in the workplace in the past three decades and has helped women to break the glass ceiling. This is also referred to as the Lifetime Achievement Award.
SMALL SIZED BUSINESS AWARD
- HOME BASED BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: This award category is to recognize a company business led or founded by a woman and run exclusively from her place of residence and has been operating for more than two years. The winner of this category should show a significant growth in terms of revenue and the value created.
- MONTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR: This award category is to recognize a mother who has starter a small business or is part of a small size business. The winner for this category should show significant positive impact of their role on the business and its growth.
- To submit a nomination, click on the “SUBMIT NOMINATIONS” button below
- You’ll be then directed to a form where you need to fill in all of the requested fields
- Answer all of the required questions as clearly and concisely as possible
- Please also include a statement of not more than 1000 words on why you deserve to win the award
- If you’d like to send documents supporting your nomination, collate them in a single PDF file not larger than 10MB and email it to [email protected]
- You will receive a confirmation once your nomination has been received.
- Any further queries can be e-mailed to the address above