2022 Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for Courageous Journalists
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For three decades, the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize (#NataliPrize) has honoured the courage of journalists whose stories shine a light on the common challenges facing our planet and its people. Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize returns to support international partnerships and inspire a new generation of reporters.
- Grand Prize: reporting published by a media based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- Europe Prize: reporting published by a media based in the European Union (not including the United Kingdom).
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: open to journalists under 30 whose reporting was published by a media based in the European Union (not including the United Kingdom) or in one of its partner countries
- The winner in each category will receive €10,000.
- The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered a work experience opportunity with a media partner.
- Categories will not be awarded if quality is not met.
Submissions will be screened based on the relevance to the relevance of the reporting to the issues of:
- Poverty eradication
- Sustainable development
- Environment, biodiversity, climate action
- Jobs and employment
- Education and skills development
- Peace, democracy and human rights
Apply via their online form
If you need to submit your application by e–mail, please email [email protected] including:
1) Your submission (written article, video or audio broadcast – please consult the Terms and Conditions)
2) This form with your information
3) The following declaration to authorise the processing of your personal data:
« I hereby give my consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of the organisation of the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2022 as described in the specific privacy statement available on the DG INTPA website which I have read and understood. I can freely withdraw my consent at any time by contacting the data controller. In that case, all processing operations that were based on my consent and took place before the withdrawal of consent remain valid. »
Please note that without all this complete information, they will not be able to process your personal data and your email application.