2022 Legislative Mentoring Initiative (LMI) Fellowship Programme for Young Nigerians
The Legislative Mentorship Initiative (LMI) attracts and trains dedicated young professionals to serve and excel in the public service, particularly the legislature.
The Legislative Mentorship Initiative (LMI) is a special programme created by Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila with the goal of empowering and preparing young leaders who are interested in public service by giving them the practical experience they need to participate in governance, politics, and decision-making processes. It is also designed to provide them with the assistance needed for them to succeed and reach the pinnacle of their professions in this regard.
The LMI programme is designed and targeted at equipping and empowering dynamic young leaders interested in public sector leadership especially in legislative by providing them with necessary hands-on training and engagement in governance and public service through collaborative and inclusive leadership.
The Fellowship Programme will consist of 3 weeks residential training, 1 month internship, and 1 month virtual training & community interactions.
- Minimum educational qualification of Degree/HND
- Citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Strong and demonstrable leadership skills with a demonstrable and credible track record of service to community and society
- English fluency (oral and written) & development of creativity and innovation for practical, workable solutions, inclusive and sustainable
- Patriotic, visionary and passionate about Nigeria’s stability, growth and development with Interest and vision for participating in the Nigerian legislature
- Willingness to commit to the values and full programme of the LMI
- Between Ages 21 – 35
Get indepth understanding of practical leadership models and navigate the public sector for impact. The Fellowship level features simulations and hands-on practice which include:
- Training programmes and projects
- Seasoned speakers, facilitators and mentors
- Internships with MPs, job placements & exchange programmes
- Fill and submit online application form.
- Submit Personal Statement & Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Upload a one-minute application video