2022 JournalismEU Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism
Deadline: October 6, 2022.
This grant facility supports enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism as a whole. It seeks to promote collective development and support services for environmental investigative journalism, by providing funding to project ideas from organisations and institutions for training and professional development programmes, i.e. skills-focused professional training or fellowship programmes targeted at enabling investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environment related issues.
- This grant programme is open to incorporated legal entities (organisations, companies, …) with demonstrable expertise in investigative journalism, environmental issues, and/or the development of supporting services.
- Eligible proposals entail enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism in Europe. These can be training and professional development programmes, or other activities, services or tools that enable investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environmental issues.
- The project should be clearly defined and limited in time. The grant cannot be used for core funding or for financing permanent operations of an organisation.
- Individuals (natural persons) cannot apply for this grant.
If the project is a collaboration between several organisations, one organisation should apply for the Journalismfund.eu grant.
ELIGIBLE COSTS FOR FUNDING
Personnel and operating costs that meet the following cumulative conditions:
- directly attributable to the project
- arise during the project period and after the signing of the grant agreement with Journalismfund.eu
- necessary for carrying out the project
- effectively incurred by the grant beneficiary, identified and verifiable
- not funded by other donors or support programmes
The total available amount per call to be distributed among all supported projects will be around €85.000.
Before you start, please consult the grant details, where you can find the rules, eligibility and assessment criteria, timing etc.
After a one-time registration with your email address, you can access our online application form. You can freely navigate through the form to see which information you need to provide in your application. This includes:
- information and documents about your organisation
- information about the intended project
- a detailed project budget, according to our budget template