2022 Irish Tech Challenge for South Africa Tech Entrepreneurs (€10,000)
Deadline: April 5, 2022.
The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa, the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) & the Department of Science & Innovation (DSI) invite South African tech entrepreneurs to apply to the Irish Tech Challenge South Africa. A Tech challenge project aimed at supporting South African tech entrepreneurs seeking to scale globally, and form partnerships with the Irish Technology Ecosystem.
- there a limit in age for the application although preference will be given to youth (i.e., 18-34 years old) and women owned businesses from marginalized communities.
- Must be majority owned by a South African, with headquarters in either Ireland or South Africa.
- The business must be a Post revenue one– a business that has begun to generate sales and is now working through the stages of efficiency and scale or Pre-revenue, (but with developed IP)- business yet to generate any sales e.g., because it doesn’t have a product on the market yet but has developed intellectual property i.e., technology based.
- The business can be headquartered in Ireland or South Africa, however it must be majority owned by a South African
- All sectors welcome. They are particularly interested in: Clean/Green-Tech, Circular Economies, Med/Health/Biotech, Ed-Tech, WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene).
- At least one founder/CEO must be full-time; Women-led or youth-led businesses are particularly encouraged to apply
- Addressing one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals: See SDG list
UP TO 5 ENTREPRENEURS WILL :
- Access top tech-leaders’ expertise in Ireland
- Build their network in Ireland, Europe & South Africa
- Receive up to €10,000 funding each
- A funded 10-day curated business networking
programme in Ireland