2022 Investing In Equality Scholarship by Leigh-Anne Pinnock to Attend One Young World summit in Tokyo
Deadline: October 29, 2021.
We live in a world where people face barriers to education, employment opportunities, access to health care and justice based on the colour of their skin. These injustices and systemic forms of oppression are not confined to the past. They occupy our present social, economic and political systems today.
2020 marked a significant turning point in global awareness and action towards addressing inequality and the racial injustice that remains deeply rooted in our societies.
The Investing in Equality Scholarship has been established in collaboration with Leigh-Anne Pinnock and The Black Fund to recognise and scale the work of young leaders who have demonstrated impact in dismantling racial injustice through creative expression and scalable activism.
Two Scholarship places to attend the One Young World 2022 Summit in Tokyo will be awarded to young leaders within the black community who are:
- Looking to break into or establish a career in the dance, music or other creative industries, using their platform to fight racism in their chosen sector.
- Activists campaigning against racial injustice.
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Living and making a positive impact in the United Kingdom.
- Sound understanding of injustices facing black, asian and ethnic minority people, and;
- A focused and strategic approach to dismantling racial injustice through creative expression or scalable activism.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- An exclusive pre-Summit meet up with Leigh-Anne to share more about your work and devise solutions to scale your impact