2022 International AIDS Society Youth Hub Seed Grant Programme (USD 10,000)
Deadline: November 21, 2022.
IAS – the International AIDS Society – invites young leaders to submit a proposal requesting up to USD 10,000 to implement a six-month innovation project (from 1 January to 30 June 2023) that addresses a need in the HIV response for young people living with and affected by HIV.
Each Young Leader must be affiliated with and logistically supported by an organization working in HIV and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) or other related areas.
The Young Leader must:
- Be connected to an organization that is willing and able to provide mentorship and logistical support for the proposed Young Leaders project
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (and ideally under 25)
- Agree to be featured in IAS digital media
- Be willing to attend IAS 2023 from 23 to 26 July 2023 – pending funding
The host organization must:
- Be willing to undergo eligibility checks with the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) – information below
- Be willing to actively mentor the Young Leader
- Be willing to logistically support its Young Leader in the day-to-day aspects of the implementation of their innovation project
- Be able and willing to report and communicate with the IAS in English
Selected Young Leaders will be awarded:
- USD 10,000 seed grant to implement and/or scale up an HIV-related innovative project over a period of six months (1 January to 30 June 2023)
- Capacity building in monitoring and evaluation, reporting and communications and networking opportunities
- Travel to IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, in Brisbane, Australia – pending funding
- Inclusion in the IAS 2023 Young Leaders Programme
Completed proposals must include:
- A completed application form
- A concept note (maximum two pages) detailing the overall goal of the project, activities, budget, timelines and deliverables that the funding would support
- Completed budget template
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from the host organization
Please see the application guidelines for in-depth information on how to apply.