2022 George W. Bush Presidential Leadership Scholars program for U.S. Citizens
Deadline: July 16, 2021.
Presidential Leadership Scholars brings together bold and principled leaders who are committed to facing critical challenges, both at home and around the world, and who are interested in exploring lessons learned during the administrations of George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Lyndon B. Johnson.
Scholars put their learning into action through a personal leadership project, intended to solve a problem or pressing issue in their community, country, or the world. They gain the skills necessary to work across divides and develop a network that spans traditional geographic, professional, political, and economic boundaries. PLS challenges pre-existing perceptions and inspires the Scholars to lead lasting, positive change.
- The minimum age for participants is 21.
- While there is no maximum age, most Scholars have 10+ years of professional experience and are at a point in their careers where their participation and the lessons learned in PLS will be able to be put into practice for many years to come
- To be considered for the PLS program, all applicants must fit one of the following criteria regarding citizenship and country of residence:
- A citizen of the United States living and working in the country;
- – A citizen of the United States living and working outside of the country, but who can pay for all non-domestic costs associated with traveling to each module;
- – A legal resident of the United States living and working in the country.
- The four presidential centers are committed to offering this opportunity to leaders across the country, regardless of their financial means. To honor this commitment, program tuition, housing, meals, and travel during the course sessions in the host city are funded in full by contributions from foundations, individuals, and corporations.
- The program provides domestic air transportation (when applicable), ground transportation, hotel lodging, and meals during all modules.