2022 Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards for Grassroots Initiatives and Organisations
Deadline: July 31, 2022.
WECF and the Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) are happy to announce that the call for applications for our annual Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards is now open!
The Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards are granted every year to grassroots initiatives and organisations tackling the climate crisis while promoting gender equality. These solutions are examples of climate resilient and transformative development models that bring multiple social and environmental benefits. They contribute to raising the ambition for the achievement of the 1.5 degree target by 2030.
- The initiative must fit within one of the three award type of project.
- Only Non governmental organisation are eligible to apply
- The initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation
- All type of activists, grassroots and women led and gender equality organisation working on issues related to climate change worldwide are eligible to apply.
Winning initiatives are showcased across three different project types, have a look at their previous award winners for examples:
- Non-technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes, resilience and capacity building etc.)
- Technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, energy or adaptation technologies etc.)
- Transformational climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional / societal change etc.)
- Award winners receive a €5000 monetary award, a chance to attend the COP, which will be held in Sharm el-Sheikh this year, and enter our long-term mentoring programme which helps them strengthen and upscale their outstanding actions.
- Runners-up projects are presented in a written publication, on their online platforms and at the awards ceremony during the COP.
Submit your application through the following links:
Please note that you will have to create an account in order to participate. Subscription is simple and free. If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the application process, please send an email to [email protected]