2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Programme for Aspiring Journalists
Deadline: July 11, 2022.
Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
- Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- EU or neighbouring country citizen aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Availability during 8 – 14 October 2022
- EU candidate countries include: (Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland).
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
You must send a short article (2500 to 6250 characters), a photo or a short video reportage (2 – 3 minutes) depicting a project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (including Interreg) or Cohesion Fund. Your work should cover the theme of the current edition of the programme – youth empowerment.