2022 Dublin City University Business School PhD Scholarship
Deadline: August 15, 2022.
DCU Business School invites applications for a PhD scholarship. The scholarship is open to applicants who will register in Year 1 of the full-time PhD programme in DCU Business School for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Their PhD programme combines scholarly theory-building with a strong applied focus. Research scholars work under the supervision of academic experts and are an important part of DCU Business School’s vibrant research community. The scholarship will allow the successful student to undertake research in one of the following academic groups:
• Work, Psychology & Strategy
• Enterprise & Innovation
• Financial & Operational Performance
The award will commence on 1st November 2022. Please note that international applicants intending to travel to Ireland must meet the visa requirements for Ireland prior to the commencement of a scholarship. International applicants will not be able to receive scholarship payments until they have arrived in Ireland and set up a bank account and applied for a PPS number.
• Successful applicants are required to meet the PhD eligibility criteria of DCU. They will normally hold an honours master’s degree (taught or by research). Students in the final year of a master’s degree may apply.
• Applicants must have the support of a DCU Business School academic supervisor. Potential supervisors can be identified from the DCU Business School website: https://business.dcu.ie/academic-staff/
• The DCU Business School Scholarship will only be awarded for full-time PhD study based at DCU for the period of the award. Successful applicants will register in year 1 during the academic year 2022/2023.
• Applicants should indicate if they have any additional stipend or alternative external sources of funding. DCU Business School scholars on an annual stipend of €18,500 cannot normally be in receipt of a concurrent scholarship or educational grant greater than €4,000 per annum during the period of their scholarship.
The following scholarship type will be awarded:
A scholarship with an annual stipend of €18,500 per annum (for a maximum of four years); payment of PhD fees (for a maximum of four years); and up to €5,000 to support research activity (over the four year period).
View further information: Business School PhD Scholarship Guidelines 2022 (2)
All enquiries about the 2022 DCU Business School PhD Scholarship Scheme can be directed as follows:
• Email: Ruth Finnegan, Research Officer: [email protected]
• Telephone: +353 (0)1 700 8106
View Application Form: Business School PhD Scholarship Application Form 2022
- Call opens on Monday 13th June 2022
- Applications must be received, in full, by 12 mid-day GMT on Monday 15th August 2022
- Candidates will be advised of the outcome by Thursday 8th September 2022
- Interviews will be held during the week of Monday 19th September 2022.