2022 Doc Society Climate Story Fund
Deadline: January 7, 2022.
The Climate Story Fund supports compelling storytelling and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate just and biodiverse future.
In this round they are looking for creative nonfiction projects that can complete production in 2022 with support from the Climate Story Fund. This can include long form non-fiction, shorts or episodic docs as well as podcasts and AR/VR.
All projects must be climate themed with an intention to implement an impact campaign. They don’t need you to be an impact expert but open to the idea. As part of our grant making for this fund, they require all grantees to attend an Impact Lab to connect with impact producers & climate experts, to help develop impact distribution strategies and ensure they are building upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences.
- Projects from all over the world – these can be localised stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience
- Projects from both new and established artists
- Creative nonfiction projects, including long form, shorts, and episodic documentaries, as well as podcasts and AR/VR, looking for funding to complete production in early 2022
- Creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2022
- Project teams who are able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of 25th April 2022
The Climate Story Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $20,000 to $100,000 per project.
- If you would like to work on the application questions offline, you can download a preview of the application. To be considered for funding, you must submit an application online.
- The Climate Story Fund application form is part of the Common Application Project, an initiative by international documentary funders to reduce the burden on filmmakers by providing the same application form across funders. Guidance can be found at https://www.documentary.org/core-application.