2022 Comfama Youth with a Purpose Scholarship for Young Leaders from Antioquia to Attend OYW Summit
Deadline: July 19, 2022.
At Comfama – Caja de Compensación Familiar de Antioquia – the goal is to make people responsible for their own development. Comfama strives to work with purpose and therefore supports young people to connect with their talents and life purposes. In this way, they guarantee that young people grow and contribute to collective social and economic development.
To do this, Comfama seeks to work based on three lines of work:
- Promote gender equality within the business sector and society itself to enrich the discourse, obtain new perspectives and empower women. It is everyone’s commitment to work for a diverse environment, where opportunities do not distinguish between genders.
- Foster a regenerative culture and environmental sustainability. Take care of natural resources and implement strategies to reduce pollution. They firmly believe that this must be a permanent behavior of companies, mediated by the interest of contributing to the construction of a better habitat for all.
- Develop training processes in conflict mediation and transformation techniques, promotion of conversations and use of new methodologies and experiential formats, to address peacebuilding issues.
For the first time, One Young World will collaborate with Comfama to launch the Youth with a Purpose Scholarship, where young leaders from Antioquia will have the opportunity to promote their initiatives and share them worldwide. This scholarship will recognize young leaders from Antioquia, between 18 and 32 years old, who are leading social, technological, cultural and business initiatives that are promoting gender equality, a sustainable environmental culture and/or the construction of peace from an ethical leadership.
- Person between 18 – 32 years old.
- Live in some subregion of Antioquia.
- Have a valid passport.
- Being an active worker, beneficiary or member of the Compensation Fund.
- Lead a project or initiative on the issues of gender equity, regenerative culture and peace building that can be replicated in other municipalities of Antioquia.
- Entrance to the One Young World 2022 summit in Manchester;
- Lodging in private rooms from September 5 to 8, 2022;
- International transportation to and from Manchester (economy class);
- National transportation to the airport for the international flight (economy class);
- Visa expenses, if applicable;
- Public transport between the accommodation and the Summit venue in Manchester;
- Meals during the days of the event (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- Translation from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcoming ceremony and closing.
Note: this is a partial scholarship, which implies that the young scholarship recipient must pay the remaining £1,000 to the organization, by means of a credit card payment or by another scholarship that another entity wishes to contribute for their participation, it should be noted that this payment it is the youth’s freedom and does not generate a direct relationship with Comfama, since they are only responsible for their value generated from the scholarship.
Candidates will also be evaluated for the following:
- Commitment and potential benefit for the communities or territories to which it belongs.
- Relevance of the initiatives that you lead or in which you have participated.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Address local and/or global problems in your community or territory.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.