2022 Catapult: Kickstarter Fintech Acceleration Programme for Early-Stage Fintechs Worldwide (€50,000).
Deadline: May 25, 2022.
The programme is aimed at helping early-stage, innovative, Fintech entrepreneurs to develop their business models. Participants will receive guidance on how to build their business, identify and manage risk, develop a realistic business plan and practical tactics for customer acquisition and growth. Participants will have the opportunity to meet and learn from industry leaders, investors and key fintech stakeholders.
Catapult: Kickstarter is a two week acceleration programme, open to fintech startups from across the globe that are aiming to evolve financial services; be it by providing tools to traditional financial services companies to digitalise their businesses (B2B) or by providing new and improved services direct to customers (B2C).
- Selected companies will have, at least, a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (“MVP”) and will likely be in the pre-seed to seed stage of funding.
- Companies must comply with the European definition of a Small Enterprise and shall have been incorporated within the last five years at the date of granting the subsidy.
- Companies will submit all necessary information to the LHoFT in order to assess the viability of the project, company, background of owners and key shareholders to limit the risks of non-compliance or doubtful application of the programme.
- Companies must agree and shall provide on-going performance metrics and business status for a period of three years post programme completion to the LHoFT for the purpose of programme evaluation.
- The selected companies must guarantee that a founding team member, typically the CEO, will attend the programme for the duration of the two weeks.
To Be Eligible to Receive the €50,000 Award:
- The participating companies must attend all modules of the Catapult: Kickstarter programme.
- Companies will be required to have a registered business in Luxembourg, with substance and a minimum, fully paid-up, share capital of 10,000 EUR. They must also hold the necessary business license.
- Companies shall provide any additional and all necessary information as required by the grantor of the award, the Luxembourg Ministry of the Economy.
- LEARNING: Expert interactive sessions on business building, such as marketing, customer acquisition, operations, growth and scale. The Business Model Canvas will be used to understand and adapt your business to a new market.
- SHARING: Enjoy working alongside the other programme participants, sharing stories, helping each other, developing relationships and building a lifelong support network.
- LISTENING: Meet and speak with a multitude of mentors and business professionals from the extensive Luxembourg startup and financial services ecosystem who can advise and guide you in your startup journey.
- FUNDING: The opportunity to become one of the five laureates of the programme that will receive 50,000 EUR in subsidy from the Luxembourg Ministry of Economy based on fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- FUN: Networking events, making new friends, and a generous amount of laughing.