2022 Catapult: Inclusion Africa for Fintech Start-ups (Fully Funded to Dubai)
Deadline: February 27, 2022.
At the LHoFT, we strongly believe that financial technology is crucial to advancing financial inclusion, empowering groups that have been left behind by the traditional financial system. Whether it’s financing for rural farmers, point of sale technology for underbanked merchants, or specialised insurance products, the positive impact being driven by entrepreneurship is improving lives around the world. As such, Financial Inclusion is a key focus of the LHoFT Foundation.
Building on the success of the 2018, 2020 and 2021 editions of CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa, we are excited to launch a special edition, CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa, which will be delivered in Dubai.
This special edition of CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa will once again leverage Luxembourg’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals. In addition, firms will get unique exposure to the Dubai finance and Fintech ecosystem with the support of DIFC Fintech Hive Dubai.
The 3-day program will end with a pitching session and evening gala at the Luxembourg Pavilion at the World expo 2020, in the presence of Luxembourg’s Minister of Economy and Minister for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs, H.E. Franz Fayot.
- Selected firms will have, at least, a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (“MVP”) and will likely be in the pre-seed to seed stage of funding.
- Companies must be active in the financial inclusion field, helping underserved and unbanked populations in Africa and the MENA region get access to financial products and services.
- Companies will submit all necessary information to the LHoFT in order to assess the viability of the project, company, background of owners and key shareholders to limit the risks of non-compliance or doubtful application to the program.
- Companies must agree and shall provide on-going performance metrics and business status for a period of three years post programme completion to the LHoFT for the purposes of programme evaluation.
- The selected firm must guarantee that a founding team member, typically the CEO, will attend the programme for the duration of the 3 days.
- They are particularly interested in hearing from firms in payments and related services.
- LHoFT will reimburse reasonable travel costs to reach Dubai, using Economy Class Airline Carrier, up to 2000€ per person/company (or equivalent).
- The participants will be hosted in one of the best hotels in Dubaï, for the duration of the program.
- Breakfast and lunches will be provided. Probably some dinners as well.