2022 Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
Deadline: June 1, 2022.
The Idea Accelerator is a program designed to be your onramp to entrepreneurship.
The Idea Accelerator teaches you how to run small tests of your idea to see if it holds promise. You’ll see how no and low cost digital tools make it easier, faster and cheaper to build things than ever. You’ll learn how to evaluate the results of your test and decide on the best next steps.
- If you are applying to participate in a community cohort, then you must be a resident of the city in which you are applying for.
- Open to aspiring entrepreneurs in the US.
- To apply for this opportunity, you do not need a certain job title, role or affiliation.
- You do not need to have an existing legal entity (e.g. a business or nonprofit organization).
- You don’t even need to be planning to start a venture.
- You simply need a problem you care about, an idea for addressing that problem, some early-stage thoughts on how you would experiment with that idea, and a willingness to learn.
It equips participants with world-class entrepreneurial tools to test their idea, fueled by up to $5,000 no-strings-attached funding.
- They are looking for bold, compelling, novel, and innovative ideas. They can be ideas in any industry or sector.
- They are problem-agnostic. In other words, your idea does not need to address a problem in a specific topic area.
- The idea should be well defined and articulated in an easily understandable way.
- Ideally the problem the applicant is trying to solve and the proposed idea are ones that could scale either as a business or as a solution implemented in other communities. Often an idea may not appear that way on its face but they are experts at recognizing scalable ideas that others might overlook.