2022 British High Commission Nigeria Deputy Transport Manager Recruitment
Deadline: February 24, 2022.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. They welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. They do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Manage all transport booking requests for the 1HMG Network in Lagos providing a courteous and efficient service for over 130 staff and visitors, including fleet management and deployment of 50+ vehicles.
- Line manage transport staff and prepare job rosters for a combined pool of 18 drivers using improved electronic booking systems, new driver shift patterns and ensure daily maintenance checks on vehicles are properly documented in line with post regulations.
- Lead liaison with 1HMG officers and FCO drivers based in Port Harcourt on all Transport matters.
- Provide first line support and engagement to a range of transport customers/stakeholders, responding adequately to general enquiries and feedback (including complaints) promptly and professionally.
- Undertake a range of financial duties for the Transport section and assist the Transport Manager in budget management, forecasting, procurement planning, checking claims, accurate customer billing, record keeping and periodic reporting on all invoices and expenditure.
- Provide senior management with Management Information (MI) on the Transport Section’s operations to enable timely reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and improved customer communication.
- Assist with the planning and co-ordination of logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Substitute for the B3 Transport Manager during absences and undertake an extensive range of other duties as delegated by the Transport Manager or other Senior Management Officer.
- Previous experience in Transport or Logistical Management
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- A good command of English language – both verbally and in writing
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- A self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to use the Lagos Transport booking Tracker and Team up Applications
- Relevant training records / certificates in Transport, General Administration, Customer Services.
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Lagos road networks
- Possess a valid drivers licence
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed)
- Attractive Salary
- Mandatory e-learning courses
- On the job development
- E-learning portal and courses routinely organised by the Regional Learning and Development Team