2022 #BeFree National Prize to Attend One Young World Summit in Tokyo for Namibians
Deadline: December 5, 2021.
For the first time, One Young World is delighted to partner with the National Government of Namibia and the First Lady of Namibia, H.E. Monica Geingos, to launch the #BeFree National Prize 2022, where Namibian young talent will have the opportunity to promote their initiatives and share them worldwide.
The award will recognise young leaders in Namibia between the ages of 18 and 30, who are leading social, technological, cultural and entrepreneurial initiatives in mitigation of the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic, education, accessibility to SRH and SGBV services, mental health, substance abuse and youth development.
One Young World will welcome 5 young Namibian leaders to the Summit in Tokyo 2022. Each Scholar will receive a dedicated support programme from One Young World and the Namibian Government, including visas and passport support, flights, and hotel bookings.
- Young person between 18 and 30 years old.
- Namibian nationality.
- Residing in Namibian territory.
- Lead or be part of an initiative or project that generates impact in their region.
- Not have participated in One Young World previously.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
- Hotel accommodation between 16 and 19 May 2022.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (flights in economy).
- Passport application costs, if the candidate has no passport.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner between 16 and 19 May.
- A demonstrated commitment to creating positive impact through (social) entrepreneurship in their communities;
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities;
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem solving;
- A concern for local and/or global issues;
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas;
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.