2022 Africa Digital Rights Fund (ADRF) Fact-checking and Digital Rights Fellowship for South Sudanese
Deadline: September 3, 2022.
#defyhatenow South Sudan, with support from the Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) in the context of the Africa Digital Rights Fund (ADRF), is calling for applications for a Fact-checking and Digital Rights Fellowship, to be offered to successful candidates for a period of two (02) months.
The fellows will be hosted by 211 Check and SafetyComm South Sudan to provide them with exposure to fact-checking, and digital rights issues. The fellows will also write fact-check articles and stories on digital rights issues under the organization’s guidance.
This fellowship is a way to transfer knowledge and develop leaders who are committed and working toward civic freedoms, digital rights and a healthy information ecosystem in South Sudan.
Applicants for this in-person full-time fellowship –
- Must be located in Juba, South Sudan at the time of the start of the fellowship.
- Must have received fact-checking and digital literacy training from #defyhatenow South Sudan
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in and commitment to the development of fact-checking and digital rights in South Sudan and beyond;
- Have excellent writing, drafting and oral advocacy skills.
- Must have a notable social media presence across several platforms.
- Must be interested to do advocacy and engagement work on fact-checking and digital rights within their school, university, or organisation;
- Preference will be given to the selection of full-time fellows. However, the selection committee may consider part-time fellows.
- Fact-checking and digital rights training.
- Mentorship and collaboration with #defyhatenow South Sudan partners.
- Fellowship may include attending in-person and virtual relevant events related to Fact-checking and Digital Rights issues.
- A monthly stipend during the fellowship period.
- Technical and content support for the fellows in the event that they want to conduct campaigns or produce content about fact-checking and digital rights issues during the fellowship.