2022 Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Programme for young Ghanaians
Deadline: December 3, 2021.
The Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) was established to contribute to the development of alternative and innovative policy interventions through high-quality research, analysis, and advocacy in Africa’s energy and extractives sector. ACEP works on improving resource governance by promoting beneficial ownership disclosures, exposing corruption and tax evasion, curbing illicit financial flows (IFFs) in the extractive sector, capacity building of state and non-state institutions, equitable distribution of resources and efficient delivery of development interventions.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Programme is a six-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Programme is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
Applicant (s) must be a young Ghanaian who demonstrates a passion for ensuring that the vast extractive resources in Africa translates into sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate (s) must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thoughts.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
The Centre will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.