2022 ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program for Young Africans
Deadline: June 10, 2022.
ACEP is calling for applications for the third cohort of its Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The tenure for the internship will be from July 2022 to December 2022.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The NextGen Leaders will deliver timely and quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations, ensuring that the ACEP remains a thought-leader in Africa’s energy and the extractive policy space.
- Contribute to writing research reports and policy briefs on the energy and extractives sector of Africa.
- Support media engagement activities on ACEP’s outputs and position on energy and extractive sector issues in Africa.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual programmes
- Support organizational development activities.
- Support in resource mobilization efforts, including grants and proposal writing.
- Contribute to programme management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities.
Applicants must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.