2022-23 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa
Deadline: February 27, 2022.
2022 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is open for young leaders from Sub Sahara countries.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form; and
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2022-23 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Three scholarships are available for the 2022-23 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,633.00.
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 27 February 2022.
- Step 1
Submit an application for 2022-23 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).