2021 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
Deadline: June 16, 2021.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders comes out of the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35. Who will empower and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management?
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from Kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra, for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan during the course
- Housing and meals