2021 World Bank Group Investment Analyst Program
Deadline: May 20, 2021.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
The FIG team are recruiting an Investment Analyst who will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and servicing existing portfolio clients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring IFC investments in portfolio companies comprising various types of financial entities.
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Conducting industry research and associated analysis to inform strategy as well as portfolio and new business decisions.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships to ensure responsive end effective service to portfolio clients.
- Producing internal analytical reports on portfolio risk, impact and performance.
- Liaising with colleagues across departments and geographies to ensure effective collaboration among IFC staff.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance, banking, portfolio management or consulting.
- Experience in a major financial institution (1+ years) with a proven track record desirable.
- Good knowledge of financial markets in the Africa region.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills using Microsoft excel and ability to identify key issues.
- Sound numerical, analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management and corporate finance and economics.
- Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; good knowledge of Amharic a plus.